Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Room please!"...by the hour...in the airport





I have to admit a slight disappointment when I found this company called Yotel. After so many repeated lengthy delays in airports over the last 10 years I have always wanted the ability to get away from the terminal and retreat - but not go through the hassle of leaving the terminal. This idea is just what Yotel is delivering. Simply, you can rent a room in the airport by the hour that has a clean, upscale bed, flat screen tv, shower, room service, internet connection, toilet and other amenities. Brilliant. My prediction - this company will be bought by a larger hospitality brand. They are live in Gatwick, London and rolling out to Heathrow and Amsterdam coming up. Aside from their current offerings - would I pay an extra $10 to run on a cross trainer for 30 minutes, then retire to my room, shower and either work, listen to my ipod or watch a movie? You bet. Hopefully Yotel has their ear on the blogoshere. C'mon Simon - prove your concept and cross the pond. We're ready in America when you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's а very easy on thе
eyeѕ which mаκes it much more enjοyable for me to сomе hеre and visit
more often. Did you hігe out a dеνelοpеr to
creаte yоur theme? Exсeрtіonаl ωork!


Hеre is my ωeb site - taxi irving tx
My page :: irving taxi service